Created in 1951, The Hamilton Community Foundation, located in the historic Lane-Hooven House manages more than 450 individual, family, corporate funds, and nonprofit agency endowments. We are a public charity with over $80 million in assets serving thousands of people who share a common concern…making our community a better place to live, work and play.
In 2012, the Hamilton Community Foundation once again received recognition from the Council on Foundations for meeting its National Standards for operational quality, donor service and accountability in the community foundation sector.
The National Standards seal by our name indicates official confirmation from the Council on Foundations that we have met the most rigorous standards in philanthropy. It affirms our commitment to financial security, transparency and accountability. It says our grant making includes an open, competitive process designed to address the changing needs of our community. The National Standards Seal also confirms our history of honoring donors wishes to support the arts, social services, civic beautification, education and countless other important causes.
The National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations program was established in 2000 in cooperation with the Council on Foundations. National Standards guide community foundations in establishing legal, ethical and effective operational practices that serve as blueprints for internal development and benchmarks for external assessment. The 43 National Standards require the Hamilton Community Foundation to document its policies in donor services, investment management, grant making and administration. To receive confirmation of National Standards compliance, the Hamilton Community Foundation submitted its organizational and financial policies and procedures to a rigorous peer review.